Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Funny and Not So Funny Stories

Funny Story
Corrine and I biked over to the Hui restaurant for takeout rice lunches. We also stopped at the Taiwanese restaurant next door and got chocolate milk teas. Milk tea is my new favorite drink, especially since the restaurant is conveniently located right outside the north gate of campus. Then we biked around the corner to the park because it is a beautiful sunny day and I am craving outside time. We found a bench and were all ready to eat when I realized that my chopsticks had slipped out of the bag at some point. You may think that eating rice with chopsticks is difficult, but you should try eating rice without chopsticks. It wasn't working at all. I decided to use the straws from our milk teas in lieu of chopsticks. It looked pretty funny, scooping up rice with one fat pink straw and one skinny blue one, but it actually worked.

Not So Funny Story
So after we finished eating we went back outside the park where we had left our bikes. When I went to unlock my bike, I realized that the lock had been drilled into. The place where the key was supposed to go was now a little drilled hole still filled with metal shavings. The lock was still on the bike, but now the key wouldn't go in to unlock it. I struggled with the lock for a few minutes and then a man came up and started working on it. After about five minutes, he finally got a rock and used it to hammer the key all the way in, and then the lock opened. I was grateful for that, but still perturbed. What is it with people trying to steal my bike?!?

No comments: