This weekend we have invited other teachers from the region come to visit for a kind of Saint Patrick’s Day celebration. We are going to be doing lots of cooking. In preparation I bought:
- 3 heads of broccoli
- 7 carrots
- 6 potatoes
- 2 or 3 dozen eggs
- 10 onions
- 700 grams of butter
- 3 packages of sugar
- 70 paper cups
- 1 package of Magnum bars (Do they have these in the US? They’re amazing…)
I felt very healthy buying all the vegetables (have I ever bought so many at once?) but then all the butter and sugar balanced it out…
And speaking of cooking, I would like to thank my aunt Kay for contributing to the fattening up of Team Yangzhou. Her sweet potato recipe has become a favorite dinner and/or desert item. We will probably all die early of heart attacks, but it will be a happy death. :)
In other news, my cousin just got engaged! In Paris, no less.
Also in the last month, three of my friends that I lived with last year got engaged. Yikes! What's happening in the world? By the time I come back everyone I know is going to be well into their third child or something. But I'm happy and excited for everyone nonetheless.
Tuesday, March 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment