I graded about 240 quizzes this week. It was both depressing and hilarious. Depressing, because a lot of the students did really bad. Hilarious because they were very creative in doing so. Often without trying to be. For example…
In class we had talked about some of the different words used to describe dating and love, so I said:
Use the word “crush” in a sentence to show its meaning.
“If you meet with someone you don’t know, and he makes you angry, you can give him a crush.”
“The eggs was crushed when it falls down.”
“A thief ran out of a car and jumped into the crush.”
“If I go to play when I haven’t finished my homework, my parents will crush me.”
“Usually, you go broad, you will find your own country’s culture are crush with foreign country.”
We also talked about childhood and families in China and America. One quiz item said:
Use the word “sibling” in a sentence to show its meaning.
“The girls and the guys in our class are all sibling.” (Yikes, I hope
not!)
“Mother and father sibling their children’s curfew strictly.”
“I don’t know what does the word sibling mean.” (Nice try, but no candy.)
“I’m hankering to have a sibling with me.” (Correct meaning and he actually
used the word “hankering” in his answer! There’s got to be extra credit in
there somewhere.)
Thursday, March 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment